Natural Forest Management Project
The Natural Resource Management Project is contributing to environmental stability and sustainable development of local communities through testing and demonstrating an increased range of options for sustainable management of natural forest resources for a variety of beneficiaries in the provinces of Sichuan, Hunan and Hainan.
- Policy studies focusing on appropriate valuation of forest resources and services. Review and revision of yield regulation, allocation and control systems for timber, fuel wood and NTFPs;
- Training of forestry staff, forest enterprise staff and communities in forest management practices.
- Co-operation with the WB funded Plantation component and the GEF funded Protected Area Management.
- Resource assessment, participatory forest zoning and forest function classification, and participatory forest management planning. Implementation of forest management plans on test and pilot basis.
- Establishment of community development plans through a participatory / consensual planning process. Improvement of public infrastructure in the project provinces.
- Design and implementation of a micro-credit scheme.
Back to Selected References